What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Permanently Download Music From Cloud to Ipad Air?

Tmatys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to permanently keep my music on my IPad Air. It seems no matter how many times I select the cloud arrow to download songs they end up having to be downloaded again. The problem is playing my iTunes when I do not have Wifi and the song is in the cloud.

Thanks, Tom

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Are you using iTunes Match? Because that's mostly the nature of iTunes Match. It tries to conserve your memory by removing songs that have not been played in a while. It should get more or less aggressive about this depending on how much storage space you have available on the device.

I don't know of any way to override this behavior, other than turning Match off.

If you are not using iTunes Match, then any songs/playlists that you sync through iTunes on a computer should be permanent (until manually deleted or un-synced)

If you are not or do not want to use a computer to sync, try downloading the songs in from the Purchased tab iTunes Store app instead of the Music app. It's likely the Music app works more like iTunes Match, in that it's about playing the music now, then conserving storage space if it isn't played often. The iTunes Store on the other hand is a download this on my iPad kind of place.

Good luck.

rdkendrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you using iTunes Match? Because that's mostly the nature of iTunes Match. It tries to conserve your memory by removing songs that have not been played in a while. It should get more or less aggressive about this depending on how much storage space you have available on the device.

I don't know of any way to override this behavior, other than turning Match off.

If you are not using iTunes Match, then any songs/playlists that you sync through iTunes on a computer should be permanent (until manually deleted or un-synced)

If you are not or do not want to use a computer to sync, try downloading the songs in from the Purchased tab iTunes Store app instead of the Music app. It's likely the Music app works more like iTunes Match, in that it's about playing the music now, then conserving storage space if it isn't played often. The iTunes Store on the other hand is a download this on my iPad kind of place.

Good luck.

That's strange, because I find that it is the list of songs that I just played that day, that I have to re-download, and some of them won't stay.
I just created a post, instead of searching, first, but I will turn off iTunes Match. Can't remeber if it is even on, but will check.
Thanks TWERPPOET, you always have the answer!

Most reactions

Latest posts