What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

period (.) ios 11.02.2

jozien64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
where is the period (.) ios 11.02.2?
On my iphone 7 it is "ABC 1st on bottom row.
EDITED - no email address

Last edited by a moderator:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
where is the period (.) ios 11.02.2?
On my iphone 7 it is "ABC 1st on bottom row.
I cannot type ([email protected])

As already stated, the newest version of iOS is 11.0.2 - also, I'm not understanding your issue w/ typing - please tell us which iOS is on your device, and be more specific about your issue(s). Dave :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

On the default keyboard, the dot is where it used to be:
A8A76F73-0D51-4CB9-A42E-2D0C36FE62AB.jpeg

If you’re looking for something different, please explain exactly where you need help.

I’ve removed your other thread, as two threads discussing the same question will usually not get the best answers for a problem, and might also be confusing for others.

OP
J

jozien64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quick tip for iPhone use and periods. Unless you’ve turned off the feature, a double space will automaticaly add a period at the end of your sentence.
Thanks; That worked.
I am new in this forum.

Thanks to all.

jozien64

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It seems like the . Is where it always is. My iOS on my mini 2 is 11.1.

It’s called the “.” Shortcut. You should find it in Settings > General > Keyboard. When it is on double tapping the space will insert a period at the end of the last word. You don’t have to be quick, but you can’t wait several seconds either.

It does not automatically replace all double spaces with periods. Just the ones you are currently typing.

Here it is in my iPad’s settings. Yours will look different, of coures. I normally leave it off on my iPads. On the iPhone it’s nice because it lets you enter a period without having to switch keyboard modes.

4265161F-D46C-4449-AEDE-351F0ABDF4D8.jpeg

bradjani

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Beaide the UNDO button. Or if you click on the ABC button, then you will get alpha keyboard and the period is under the question mark. Lowercase standard.

Most reactions