What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF's on iPad

Knox.154

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Writing this on my ten hour old iPad!

I opened an adobe PDF totaling about five Mb, and it brought a new iPad 2 to a near grinding halt. Is this typical or am I doing something wrong? Are there any good apps for viewing PDF's?

Thanks for your help in advance, and I apologize if this has already been answered, I couldn't find anything covering it.

Glad to join the iPad community!!

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ibooks can view PDF. but most members i assume would recommend Goodreader app for viewing pdf's among other files.

Reaction score
Are you opening the PDF in iBooks?

Simply viewing a PDF file should be a smooth experience. Depending on how many programs you have run beforehand, may the memory be clogged up. So you could try restarting the device by pressing the power button and then slide to power off.

Viewing an 80pg PDF totaling 26MB runs completely smooth, both when viewing in iBooks and in Goodreader, so it would seem that the slowdown you experience is temporary.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think it should be temporary. I have a number of quite large camera manuals I view in Goodreader without any issues at all--on Ipad /64GB wifi.

normanj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have downloaded files larger than 5 MB with GoodReader with no trouble. GR is better than iBooks because you can annotate PDFs with GR.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to add my 2 cents..
My iBook is loaded with magazines ranging from 15M to 150M - No problem what so ever.
It loads first pages very fast, and like with Video, it start loading rest of the pages, while you start reading.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What the others said. No problems either with PDFs. I use a few different readers, and no problems with any on my iPad 1.

wclyffe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All the comments prior to this are great ideas...I.e. Re-start, etc. I use PDF Expert and like Goodreader it's a great app for viewing and marking up PDFs.

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I decided to download PDF NOTES only because this a free application.

Sent from my iPad 32gb WIFI 3G 1st generation.

ntrddragn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does all the free PDF readers including iBook dont do hyperlink? The only one that has the ability to do hyperlink it seem is good reader. Or it is one of those feature which are enable only with the paid version?

Most reactions

Latest posts