What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pdf writer for ipad

cavemanjp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did a search but didn't come up with many results.
Does anyone have a recommendation or experience with a PDF writer for the iPad 2?

tongie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nothing that's a pure writer, but iAnnotate is pretty good for editing and reviewing.

OP
C

cavemanjp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tongie said:
Nothing that's a pure writer, but iAnnotate is pretty good for editing and reviewing.

Thanks I will check that out

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Almost all the word processing apps (Pages, QuickOffice, Office HD, Documents to Go) have a PDF export option; if you are taking about creating a PDF. Note, I'm only 100% sure about Pages, since I don't' use the others.

PDF Expert offers the most options to edit PDF files after the fact. It is more limited than a full PDF creation/editing app, but probably the best you'll find on the iPad. It's a solid app with a clean UI, but will take a bit of digging to find all the features.

PDFPen is an up and coming app that is likely to give PDF Expert some serious completion. Last review I read said that it was slightly buggy and was not quite as feature heavy, but more enjoyable to use.

There are at least a couple of good apps to convert other files to PDF, but since I don't use them I don't have any of the app names handy.

OP
C

cavemanjp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I finally found an app that does what I wanted. It is called PDF printer for iPad in the app store. I was disappointed when I did my taxes this year using the state of PA web site. After sending them in the only option was to print or loose the completed forms. Unfortunately I don't have a printer so all was lost. The PDF printer can take most screens and convert them to a PDF that is stored and can be emailed or printed at a later date. Now I am a happy camper. Thanks to all who replied.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts