1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

PDF... Paste from ifile to kindle/iBooks....

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by mrjaffa, Jul 15, 2012.

1. mrjaffa

mrjaffa iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've downloaded a PDF to my iPad via torrent. I can locate this using ifile but I want to view it in iBooks or the kindle app. If I click open with one of those apps it takes ages and then doesn't load. Plus, I'd rather be able to open the kindle or iBook app and just have it there.

Can I paste it into the kindle or iBook app? I've tried a few ways now. But none seem to work. Tried var/mobile/media/books , didn't work. I've looked under applications and the kindle and iBooks folder but no joy.

Can it be done?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  2. Blue92

Blue92 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    I've loaded PDF files to the Kindle app through iTunes. Not tried it with iBooks.
  3. mrjaffa

mrjaffa iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know how to do it via iTunes. I was wanting to download a PDF using torrent on the iPad then be able to open it.
  4. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,746 / 0
    When in iFile, try putting the PDF into the Kindle app directly. It would go into the folder Applications > [the Kindle app] > Documents. Then, you should be able to open it directly from within the Kindle app versus the "Open In..." in iFile.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

P.S. And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.
  5. mrjaffa

mrjaffa iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks buddy. I had tried this but it didn't work. However, I think I know the problem. It lies with the torrent application.

I noticed the PDF file was only 30MB instead of about 50MB. I downloaded the PDF via my computer just to test, transferred to the iPad via Filebrowser, copied into ifile and it then opens within Kindle.

I struggled getting the torrent to work initially, just hung at 0%. Googled it and read I should change the directory it saves to but it only seems to have downloaded half of the file. I've been trying again, and again I'm stuck with 0% progress. Frustrating.

Maybe I should open a new thread for the torrent issue....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  6. IH8law

IH8law iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Download an open source program called calibre - this does everything. I purchased several $$ worth of kindle content, and use calibre to convert and load to my iPhone & iPad (3 & 2)