What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF... Paste from ifile to kindle/iBooks....

mrjaffa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've downloaded a PDF to my iPad via torrent. I can locate this using ifile but I want to view it in iBooks or the kindle app. If I click open with one of those apps it takes ages and then doesn't load. Plus, I'd rather be able to open the kindle or iBook app and just have it there.

Can I paste it into the kindle or iBook app? I've tried a few ways now. But none seem to work. Tried var/mobile/media/books , didn't work. I've looked under applications and the kindle and iBooks folder but no joy.

Can it be done?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've loaded PDF files to the Kindle app through iTunes. Not tried it with iBooks.

OP
M

mrjaffa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know how to do it via iTunes. I was wanting to download a PDF using torrent on the iPad then be able to open it.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When in iFile, try putting the PDF into the Kindle app directly. It would go into the folder Applications > [the Kindle app] > Documents. Then, you should be able to open it directly from within the Kindle app versus the "Open In..." in iFile.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

P.S. And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.

OP
M

mrjaffa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks buddy. I had tried this but it didn't work. However, I think I know the problem. It lies with the torrent application.

I noticed the PDF file was only 30MB instead of about 50MB. I downloaded the PDF via my computer just to test, transferred to the iPad via Filebrowser, copied into ifile and it then opens within Kindle.

I struggled getting the torrent to work initially, just hung at 0%. Googled it and read I should change the directory it saves to but it only seems to have downloaded half of the file. I've been trying again, and again I'm stuck with 0% progress. Frustrating.

Maybe I should open a new thread for the torrent issue....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

IH8law

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Download an open source program called calibre - this does everything. I purchased several $$ worth of kindle content, and use calibre to convert and load to my iPhone & iPad (3 & 2)

Most reactions

Latest posts