What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pdf / iannotate Pdf for ipad 2

music

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Hi...

Does anyone know how to go abt editing PDF files stored in iBooks ??? Pls enlighten me...

Tks..

Cheers
Music

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you simply want to annotate the PDF documents or actually edit the content. If it's the former then either iAnnotate or GoodReader will work just fine. iAnnotate is the Rolls Royce annotation program but GoodReader is much cheaper and does a whole lot more.....

Tim

OP
M

music

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tks for your help. I just need to annotate the PDF file and I hv also bgt the iannotate software but how do I bring up this software when I m in iBook ??

For eg, I hv scan a music score as a PDF file and park it into the iBook library. As I need to put in some notes on the score, how do I do it using iannotate ??

Tks for yr help.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once it's in iBooks, the only way I know to get it into iAnnotate is to email it to yourself. The book is then sent as an attachment. When you receive the email, you can open the attachment in Mail and then select the 'Open in' option from the menu bar. It's a workaround, but I don't know any other way.

Tim

OP
M

music

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tks. Is there any other way to edit PDF besides iannotate ??

singlestick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tks. Is there any other way to edit PDF besides iannotate ??
You might want to take a look at GoodReader, neu.Annotate, PDFReader, even Quickoffice Pro HD.

PDF files that I just want to read, but not do anything else with, I load into iBooks. If I want to highlight or annotate them, I use GoodReader or iAnnotate.

Even if you have PDFs in iBooks, if you can find them using Safari, you can open them into one of the other PDF applications. Otherwise, as an earlier poster suggested, you can email them to yourself and open them into one of the other apps.

OP
M

music

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tks for advice. I hv just downloaded GoodReader and would like to knowhow to go abt using this app to edit PDF doc stored in iBooks. Tks so much for yr help !

singlestick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tks for advice. I hv just downloaded GoodReader and would like to knowhow to go abt using this app to edit PDF doc stored in iBooks. Tks so much for yr help !

Currently, I think that you will have to email the PDF file to yourself. You can then tap and hold on the attachment and open it in GoodReader.

There is probably also a way to sync your iPad to your laptop or desktop and copy the files to a place where GoodReader can access them. Another poster may be better able to detail this option than I can. There may also be something in the GoodReader instructions for this.

If the PDF files are on Web sites, you can use Safari and open them in GoodReader.

OP
M

music

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tks. How do I transfer PDF files from laptop to iannotatepdf ?

Vigor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Latest version of iTunes 10 supports directly transfer pdf to iPhone.

OP
M

music

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tks. I managed to transfer files from iPad to laptop. Btw, do you know whether there is an eraser on iannotate ?

Most reactions

Latest posts