What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF help

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i have a 130 page pdf which is hyperlinked all over the document albeit there are the key buttons on each page to return it, but!

I would like to split the document into 2 PDFs but still keep the same functionality. In fact I just want to turn the first 15 pages into another PDF then the remaining into another.

Does anybody know how or which app is capable of doing this? I have PDF annotator pro. PDF reader pro on both iPad and iMac but I just don't seem to be able to work it out.

As always most grateful for any suggestions.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just a thought although Probably won't work.. But could you try printing the pages you want per section as a pdf and see if that works? You may have to edit the links to new section names.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
PDF Expert will allow you to select pages and extract them into a new document. However, I´m not sure how that will affect hyperlinks. I suspect that those that link within the extracted section will continue to work.

On the other hand I´m certain that those that link to other sections-documents will break. There is no provision, that I know of, for linking accross documents in iOS.

I don´t have any PDFs with links to test with, and while PDF Expert is an excellent annotation app with some decent page level editing tools, it does not have the ability to edit the actual content text, links, or grahics.

OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As always a font of knowledge but I think I would prefer to have the app on a iMac and when I look into the app store I can see one called PDF Expert but it says its to do with forms is this the right one? There are dozens in there!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You should be able to use the built in Preview app to do the same thing. I'm not at home at the moment, so I can't run through the options to give you a detailed procedure, but in the worst case you can just make however many copies you want then delete the unwanted pages from each copy.

In either the View or Windows menu you should be able to turn on/off the pages/thumbnail view. This is what you need to see, select, and delete pages.

The Preview app is actually a pretty good PDF annotation/editing app.

Most reactions

Latest posts