What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF. files. Why can't I download them to Keynote?

Darkrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am working on a new keynote Presentation. Why can't I download some PDF. picture files I have on a DVD disk.

I emailed them to myself.

I can see them but I can't copy them onto my Ipad pictures, where I can than import them to Keynote.

Thanks for the help,

Tom.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can only open .PDF in iBooks.

Maybe if you can explain exactly what you want to achieve? Read, modify, copy of a page in a keynote document, display it on a projector?

OP
D

Darkrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Numb,

Thanks for the quick response.

I just spoke with my IT guy and he says you can not change PDF.s easily.

I have called my manufacturer and will have the photo's changed to JPEGs. so I can use them in Keynote.

Thanks again, :)

Tom.

Jonathan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to view PDF docs onto keynote is there an app that allows me to convert the PDF doc so that it can be viewed on keynote?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I have done in the past - and it's only of very limited value in some specific circumstances - is to display the part of the PDF document that I want to display in Keynote using a PDF viewer and then take a screenshot of it ('Home' and 'Power' button pressed briefly at the same time). The resulting shot ends up in Photos, from where it can be imported into Keynote.

Yes - of course - there are *lots* of limitations but for some very specific circumstances it can work - and, basically, I couldn't think of another way....

Tim
Scotland

jweakley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim,

Thank you for posting this tip. You saved me--I have a presentation next week and could not figure out how to add a pdf drawing to a Keynote (iPad) presentation. Honestly, I think the iPad is a wonderful device, but Apple has worked hard to make it less than useful. The instructions for file sharing don't seem to be true in the case of the iPad versions of the iWorks apps.

OP
D

Darkrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim.

I am now using the screenshot method which works great.

I thought I had said thank you a long time ago. Sorry about the wait.

Tom.

Most reactions