What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF Expert

Mrfigure

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Since downloading this app a couple of months ago, it has run well without problems. However I'm not sure whether
There has been an update recently but I cannot send any PDF forms from the app by email. When I try to send by email I get a pop up saying 'cannot send message using mail app'.

Anyone else had this problem recently, or have ideas on what the problem may be ?

Thanks in advance

Kev

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Since downloading this app a couple of months ago, it has run well without problems. However I'm not sure whether
There has been an update recently but I cannot send any PDF forms from the app by email. When I try to send by email I get a pop up saying 'cannot send message using mail app'.

Anyone else had this problem recently, or have ideas on what the problem may be ?

Thanks in advance

Kev

If there had been an update to this downloaded app, you would very probably have seen an update symbol next to it.
In the first instance a fix to any app that starts to act "strange" has been to double click the home button (or do a four-finger swipe upwards) to show the bottom-row (task bar) of working apps. Hold one down until they all wiggle and delete the offending app. Then restart your iPad and you should see improvement. Let us know if that worked.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi Kev,

could you please go to Settings and see what version you have?
I think I made the last update and I am on 4.3.10521.

For me and my version, PDF expert behaves like it is supposed to. E-mail and connections to clouds work fine.

Hope this helps.

p.s. Try to delete and install again. This has helped with other apps.

Knut

OP
M

Mrfigure

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I have checked the version in settings and it is the same as yours. The message pop up I get when I attempt to email any doc is 'cannot send message using email app'. I don't think this would be a settings issue within gmail. I have also removed the app, rebooted the ipad 3 and re installed but again the same problem.

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi Kev,

strange.
What about your multitasking bar? Is it empty?
Sometimes I have strange reactions with one app and after closing each and every app and re-starting the trouble maker everything is fine again.

Knut

OP
M

Mrfigure

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey kricke,

Have to forgive me as I'm a new ipad user as you probably tell from this being my first post/thread, but clearing the task bar at the bottom has done the trick. I wasn't even aware of the 4/5 finger scroll to highlight the bar to enable you to remove apps !! So app is working now and iv learnt something new. Many thanks.

CR989

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I have recently purchased PDF Expert after I came across its recommendation on this forum. I have setup FTP to my NAS drive at home, When I am connected via Wifi it works fine but once I go off Wifi and onto 3G (Cellular) It will not connect at all.

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
If I understand correctly, then your setup is like this:

You have a home based wifi net with your NAS. So, I assume you are in a private network. (IP range might start with 192. or 10. or some such.)
Once you disconnect from your wifi and connect to the Internet via 3G you are on a public network. This has a totally different IP range. And if you have not configured your router to forward from outside/public to inside/private network than it is understandable that you do not reach your NAS once you are on 3 G.

So, what is the quintessence - is this word correct? - ?

Until you have configured your router to forward your requests from the public network, you will not be able to connect to your NAS, sorry.

If someone knows better, please do not hesitate to correct me.

Knut

neenaiphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it could be posssible that you need to setup the pop and smtp settings correctly which might have been erased after you had updated the app. Though I have never used this app so I am not very sure.

CR989

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apologies for my lack of replies. I realised that port forwarding and a dynamic ip needed to be configured. This has now been done and I am getting access to my NAS drive from outside the office. Thank you!

TerryBotwick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using pdf expert on the iPad and the functionality for sending via email, saving a copy etc has stopped working. When i press one of the buttons it highlights but never engages the function. Any ideas?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try reseting the iPad. Hold down the Home and Power buttons untill the Apple logo appears. This doesn't earase anything. It's just like powering the iPad off, the starting it again; with a little extra kick in the rear.

Most reactions

Latest posts