What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF Creation

magic_man1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to be completely ignorant, but I have just recently bought my iPad and I am learning many things as I go. That being said...

From everything I have read / heard, and from searching the App Store there is nothing that allows the creation (saving files as PDF or printing to PDF). Am I missing the solution here, or is this an issue that is on the "Apple-should-do" list?

I understand the move away from hardcopy printing, but the fact is, if this device is to be used for any sort of business, you need to protect your files when you ship files back and forth.. Password protecting PDF's for example... This is exactly what I am looking for.

Anyone have any thoughts or insight? Thanks,

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You want to create or covert?

Plenty of apps "save" or convert or export as pdf.
Look at Note Taker HD, Noterize, Notes Plus, iAnnotate, GoodReader. I'm sure there are a lot more.

Not sure about the password protection thing for all the above. Maybe GoodReader.

OP
M

magic_man1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On a full desktop machine many applications allow you to open a Word or Excel file (for example) and create PDF's in one or two ways, depending on the software version, etc. In many applications these days, you can Print one of the above filetypes to a PDF. OR they will allow you to Save the file as a PDF. Either way, you end up with a PDF file.

I simply want to perform this same function on the iPad. At this point, I am not worried about password protecting them, but it would be nice.

My exact senario is that I am using the iPad app called Quickoffice Connect Mobile Suite. When I attempt to Saveas a file to a PDF, it says "Cannot rename this file. You cannot save the file with different extension."

This would be fine, if there were a Print to PDF function.. and from what I find, no dice.

I will certainly check out the apps mentioned above. Thanks,

Most reactions

Latest posts