1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

PDF Converter

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Knightoftheapp, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Hello,

I downloaded the app PDF Converter made by Readdle. They claim that their app allows for the conversion of Pages documents to PDF format. This does not seem to be the case. Have I missed something? And if it CAN convert Pages documents to PDF, how is it done?
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,984 / 1
    I suppose it could. You'd have to email the Pages document to yourself, then use Open In in the Mail app to copy it to PDF Converter; or use some other way of exporting then importing.

But since you have the option of emailing/exporting the Pages document as a PDF in app , I'm not sure what the advantage would be.

Now, if you happened to have some Pages documents stored elsewhere (maybe DropBox) then the PDF Convert app would probably do a nice job of converting them for you. I'm sure there is a scenario, but I'm stretching to imagine it.
  3. Bosvaark

Bosvaark iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Pages supports PDF directly , you didn't need a 3rd party app to do this.
    Click on the spanner , top right , the choice is email, print , share to cloud etc , choose PDF as the output.

image-2236184953.jpg

image-1354560394.jpg