What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pdf converter

timtruro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looking to purchase a PDF converter for my iPad. Any suggestions on apps you have found useful? Thx

Last edited:

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
timtruro said:
Looking to purchase a PDF converter for my iPad. Any suggestions on apps you have found useful? Thx

What are you trying to convert? If its office documents pretty much any of the office apps allow you to save as a PDF. if its a webpage then you can use a JavaScript bookmarklet to convert it into a PDF.

If its the latter create a bookmark in safari (or which ever browser you use) and then edit the bookmark and change the bookmarks address to the following: javascript:%20pdf_url=location.href;location.href='http://pdfmyurl.com?url='+escape(pdf_url)

OP
timtruro

timtruro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am mainly interested in converting certain email content to PDF and then saving it in that format.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
timtruro said:
I am mainly interested in converting certain email content to PDF and then saving it in that format.

The only way I can think of doing that would be a screen shot then converting that to a PDF. Docscan looks like it could do what you want, it's free but you can upgrade to pro for £1.99 check it out.

Or photo to PDF.

Last edited:

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You may be able to copy contents of an email and paste it into any app that can create PDF.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Adobes "create PDF" app, to me it's perfect! Except for the pricing of it, $9.99 in the app store, but it works great! From the email, click the attachment and select "open in create PDF" ; the app will then open and convert the file, and from there you can open the file, click the button at the top right and select "open in.." and select the app you want to open it it. And voila!

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sonicrobby said:
Adobes "create PDF" app, to me it's perfect! Except for the pricing of it, $9.99 in the app store, but it works great! From the email, click the attachment and select "open in create PDF" ; the app will then open and convert the file, and from there you can open the file, click the button at the top right and select "open in.." and select the app you want to open it it. And voila!

That may work for attachments but they specified emails themselves, not necessarily email attachments.

The app should still work if you copy and paste into it. The advantage is that the app is made by adobe to create PDFs.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zphone said:
That may work for attachments but they specified emails themselves, not necessarily email attachments.

The app should still work if you copy and paste into it. The advantage is that the app is made by adobe to create PDFs.

This needs an Internet connection to convert, which is rubbish for the price of it!

Most reactions