What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pdf boondangle..

Jimmyblues

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The last update took away awe.reader, one of the few readers that could split the screen for 2 pages at a time. It was free, no longer in the app store and was not restored like all the other apps I depend on. So dozens of music books i loaded into it gone with the app. Unless I'm missing something, a full back up is not full if the app is discontinued. Ok, so i do have back up of all those books. Enter Goodreader, oops, have to wait, many issues with latest update. Does anyone know of a pdf reader that has the split screen option besides Goodreader? This is not a huge deal, it is a huge inconvenience.

Since when is an update supposed to destroy data?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry Jimmy - I feel your pain - appears that the 'baby was thrown out w/ the sandbox' - i.e. the files were stored w/i the app's iPad 'sandbox' and if the app was not restored on the upgrade, the associated files were lost - I had a few apps that concerned me when upgrading and each had a way of storing the data elsewhere in case a recovery was needed - doesn't help much but a possible explanation. So, if you do have a 'backup' hopefully you're be able to get them back the way desired - good luck! Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts