1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Pdf boondangle..

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Jimmyblues, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Jimmyblues

Jimmyblues iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    The last update took away awe.reader, one of the few readers that could split the screen for 2 pages at a time. It was free, no longer in the app store and was not restored like all the other apps I depend on. So dozens of music books i loaded into it gone with the app. Unless I'm missing something, a full back up is not full if the app is discontinued. Ok, so i do have back up of all those books. Enter Goodreader, oops, have to wait, many issues with latest update. Does anyone know of a pdf reader that has the split screen option besides Goodreader? This is not a huge deal, it is a huge inconvenience.

Since when is an update supposed to destroy data?
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +818 / 0
    Sorry Jimmy - I feel your pain - appears that the 'baby was thrown out w/ the sandbox' - i.e. the files were stored w/i the app's iPad 'sandbox' and if the app was not restored on the upgrade, the associated files were lost - I had a few apps that concerned me when upgrading and each had a way of storing the data elsewhere in case a recovery was needed - doesn't help much but a possible explanation. So, if you do have a 'backup' hopefully you're be able to get them back the way desired - good luck! Dave :)