What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF Attachments

nmeamary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I forward emails from work with PDF attachments to my private hotmail and google account, surprisingly, I get the attachments on my blackberry torch but I don't get them on my iPad 2 mail clients. Don't know if iPad just remove the attachments? Can someone help

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you scrolled right to the bottom of the email? Is there a dotted box with the name of the attachment in it? If there is, touch it to start it downloading.

The Archangel

OP
nmeamary

nmeamary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I did, but there's nothing!!!!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm at a loss then, I often forward work emails with attachments and they have always shown up. I had a look in the Settings App and couldn't find anything there either. Hopefully, someone with some knowledge of this problem will be along soon.

Just out of interest, have you got any restrictions set in your Settings App?

The Archangel

OP
nmeamary

nmeamary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, sorry for the delay in reply, but what kind of restrictions could cause this issue?

dave_bass5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hotmail, PDF and IOS have never worked well. There are apps that will work but none that do it well. I've found apps that will allow PDF's with hotmail but these won't work with anything other than the main inbox. The others will see all folder but not the PDFs.
I wish some one would sort all this out but it's not going to happen.

No problems with google though, just hotmail.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hmm. Maybe get a GMail account and set it up on the iPad. When you forward include the Gmail address as well and see if that gets your attachment to the iPad. Or if you've got iCloud you could probably try using that email address the same way.

dave_bass5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, forwarding to Gmail seems to work fine, although its not ideal.
I would happily pay a few £ for a fully working app but so far I've not come across one.

OP
nmeamary

nmeamary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saved the attachment to my blackberry torch, and then resent it using hotmail to my gmail account and I received it on my iPad.

I already have documents to go and good reader apps on my iPad, but this will remain vague why I receive the attachment on my BB and don't receive it on the iPad. But thanks to all of you for your timely response.

Most reactions

Latest posts