What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF App

Willid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a student who has alot of PDF's in seperate folders, is there an app out which will allow me to keep all my pdf's in the folders whilst on my ipad ?

The files come as pdf's and the untis are split for ease of use.

Thanks

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Take a look at Goodreader. Excellent pdf reader and annotator with built in file management.
It also has a USB app so you can load files by drag and drop without using iTunes.
Also very cheap :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I second that vote for GoodReader. Lots of features - far too many to list, but reading PDFs is one of its core strengths. As the previous respondant pointed out, you can freely annotate apps with 'sticky notes' and all sorts of other 'free hand' drawings. They are all integrated into the resulting PDF file and will render correctly if you move them off the iPad to a PC. (It offers to keep a backup file too). You can keep files in folders - move them on and off your PC either via USB or WiFi, move a file at a time, a folder at a time or flag files for transfer. It can sync via cloud servers, such as Apple's MobileMe iDisk..and it's cheap and well-supported. Just read the reviews at the Apple App store.

GoodReader also moves any other files (i.e. not just PDFs) onto your iPad - so movies, photos, 'Office' documents, zip files - basically anything....

Great product, well supported, well engineered and at a stunning price.

Tim
Scotland

OP
W

Willid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys that works a treat, and does what I want it to do.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's one of the most popular PDF readers for a reason. Consistently top purchase!

Memphis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim, you have swayed me. I have been casting about for the right app, will try GoodReader.

Clintster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm also looking for a great pdf viewer app. I bought ReaddleDoc Viewer app, but I have just received an email with a pdf attachment and it won't open. I have to forward the email to my Readdle account and there it enables me to view the pdf. A bit cumbersome. I just want to simply be able to open the pdf attachment on emails I receive and save or print them if necessary.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure of the problem here (so please forgive me if I've misunderstood the question) because the iPad - at least with the latest iOS - can natively read PDF documents. I have GoodReader and, when I receive an email with a PDF document attached, depending upon the size, it either downloads and displays right there or it shows me a little icon with the name of the PDF attachment. If I press that the PDF document downloads and displays.

When it's being displayed, if I briefly touch the document a menu bar opens at the top with that 'curly arrow' symbol. Touching that offers me several options - including 'Open in iBooks' and 'Open in GoodReader'. Before I had GoodReader it would, of course, just offer 'Open in iBooks', since the iPad's native iBooks app can read PDFs just fine.

Tim
Scotland

Clintster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry Tim, you are absolutely correct. I was trying to open a corrupt PDF file! That never works! Sorry for the confusion. PDF reader pro is also an awesome PDF reader app, it supports fillable fields.

Most reactions

Latest posts