What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDANet and the iPad

krause28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK...so PDANet came out with a new feature to Hide Data. I don't have to tether often, but want to be able to. I already pay AT&T $350.00 for 5 phones. 4 of which are iphones with data plans and 2 are unlimited data plans. I am not paying them more. So all of you people who say AT&T is fair. I don't think so. So the question is since the Hide feature I believe works only because it has software on the PC/MAC to trick the ATT to think the data is coming from the iphone. This would not be able to do so with the ipad. But I started to wonder, how could AT&T tell me that I am using my iphone, if I use a browser like Atomic Web, and tell it to act like an ipad? It's not an ipad. Perhaps this argument could work.

Has anyone been flagged for tethering an ipad yet? What were you using MyWI or PDANET?

Again...probably will not use it much. But on a car ride or two, or with a customer in real estate.

Thoughts?

iomega311

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have an iPhone, or ATT for that matter... So maybe this is irrelevant... But I have an Android that I have rooted and have been wirelessly tethering my iPad and iPod touch without any mention from Sprint yet. I tethered almost 2 gb last month :)

tlsmd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you cant tether the ipad 2 yet since its not jailbroken though

OP
K

krause28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes you can. Know before you write. You can connect anything that is wifi. The question is can AT&T detect if it is an iPad? It seems the real problem is the laptop.

Davefewox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
krause28 said:
OK...so PDANet came out with a new feature to Hide Data. I don't have to tether often, but want to be able to. I already pay AT&T $350.00 for 5 phones. 4 of which are iphones with data plans and 2 are unlimited data plans. I am not paying them more. So all of you people who say AT&T is fair. I don't think so. So the question is since the Hide feature I believe works only because it has software on the PC/MAC to trick the ATT to think the data is coming from the iphone. This would not be able to do so with the ipad. But I started to wonder, how could AT&T tell me that I am using my iphone, if I use a browser like Atomic Web, and tell it to act like an ipad? It's not an ipad. Perhaps this argument could work.

Has anyone been flagged for tethering an ipad yet? What were you using MyWI or PDANET?

Again...probably will not use it much. But on a car ride or two, or with a customer in real estate.

Thoughts?

I got flagged using mywi. I still think it's the volume of data I've spent hours trying to research how they know it's my iPad not iPhone using data wanna try PDAnet but the hide feature gets mixed reviews?????

Most reactions

Latest posts