What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PC Optical Mouse Freezes???

tawcat

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I plug the iPad into my pc's USB, my optical mouse freezes. I can plug in a wired mouse and it works fine.

Any ideas???

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Does the optical mouse use a USB dongle?

If you have USB ports on different sides of the computer try plugging the iPad in a different side than the mouse's dongle. If that works, I've got two possible (very speculative) answers.

One. The USB controller is older, faulty, whatever, and can't handle the data rates of both devices.

Two. The wireless signal for the optical mouse dongle is being interfered with by the iPad's cable. This could be because of a minor fault in the cable, bad USB port grounding, or the dongle could have very poor frequency rejection.

That's all I can think of for now.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You could also try plugging in something else in the same port. A fault in the port itself might cause shorting an disable the entire controller.

Ok, now I'm really done thinking about this. :)

OP
tawcat

tawcat

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I plug the iPad on one side and the mouse thing is plugged in to an opposite side.

I'm thinking maybe older pc and USB's can't handle the data exchange!!!!

Don't plan to be plugging in the iPad often, so for the time being I'll live with it.

Mouse is very old as well, so it is possible I need to replace it.

Most reactions