What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PC does not detect ipad in restore.mode

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I installed redsnOw but it did not detect ipad. Suggested I enter DFU mode on ipad but cannot do so despite following two different methods of doing so. Ipad seems stuck in recovery mode. Again problem seems to be no USB driver

Remove your computer's USB drivers and reboot your computer. If you haven't already, plug the iPad into the rear of your computer.

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For some reason I can't go back and read the first page of posts. I am getting a timeout error. Please excuse me if this has been covered.
If the cable is not an original it might not work properly. I have a couple of third party cables that will only charge my iPhone. It can't do data transfers at all.
My older iPhone had a little chunk of something inside the area where the cable plugs in. I dug it out the night before last. I think it came from inside my pocket. There may be something inside your connection plug that is causing the cable to not connect. My daughter' iPad Mini had fuzz inside the lightning connect port causing it to not charge. The guy at the Apple store used a puff of air and a soft brush to clean the port. The brush made me think of a camera lens brush. Her Mini is working fine now.
I'm hoping you get yours running again.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For some reason I can't go back and read the first page of posts. I am getting a timeout error.

I noticed something strange last night also......the earlier posts were blank for me.

I was also getting a lot of timeouts......I closed the app and relaunched it and all was fine.

Let me know if you have any more problems. ;)

OP
D

dscatdan1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fid: Thanks for suggestion. I have tried 3 different cables without success. Also cable works when I use with my iPhone.

OP
D

dscatdan1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
willerz2: Thanks for advice. I have an ipad 2 and have installed iTunes 11.1.5 at least 4 times in the last week. I am reluctant to try your suggestion to delete all usb drivers since I am using my wife's computer which, incidentally, does not have a usb port in the back. (It's a Lenovo T410)

Most reactions