What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paying for Apps?

Ipad2013

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just downloaded a App and paid for it with my iTunes account but payment has not been taken from my card so do iTunes take the money from card a few days after downloading the app?

How does it work with iTunes?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I generally receive email notification of purchases a few days after the fact. Never checked to see if the card is charged immediately.

fleur07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad2013 said:
I have just downloaded a App and paid for it with my iTunes account but payment has not been taken from my card so do iTunes take the money from card a few days after downloading the app?

How does it work with iTunes?

For me I have to purchase a certain amount (normally 10 USD) before my card is charged. However after a certain time frame (around 2 to 3 weeks), if i haven't purchased 10USD worth of whatever, then it charges my card for the price of whatever it is I bought.

I did buy several things at one time it was around 80USD and it was charged straight away.

I don't think there is a rhyme or reason to it.

One more thing I never get the email saying what I bought until my card is charged

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In my experience Apple waits about a week, or until you've racked up more than $10 (aprox) to charge the card; which ever comes first.

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
In my experience Apple waits about a week, or until you've racked up more than $10 (aprox) to charge the card; which ever comes first.

After dealing with Amazon for years, the Apple method has odiferous qualities. At first it was disconcerting to not see the charge for a purchase. That stimulated a few questions, none of which were positive.

Sent from my iPad 2 wifi 16 GB 5.1.1 iOS using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts