What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pay it forward!

china_cat84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When was the last time you helped someone with their iPad? Today? Yesterday? Last week? Or did someone help you with your iPad and you're eternally grateful?

So far, there are only 3 people I know of (in person, not online) who have iPads. Since I was the first who owned one, I've been the go-to person for any iPad related problems, general questions, and app suggestions. Yesterday, I "pimped" my friend's iPad while we were in the library - jailbroke it, added repos to cydia, downloaded a few choice (free!) apps and tweaks, and made my friend very happy. For me, what I did was very minor and not a huge deal, but for her it was a HUGE deal. It made me feel good to be able to help someone and make someone happy.

Every day, we all try to help out others on the forum. It's a great way to share information and give or receive help. But there's nothing like sitting at a table, cheap coffee in hand, helping someone learn something new and seeing their eyes light up when they realize that the possibilities are endless. Not that helping people on the forums isn't nice, it's just a different kind of satisfaction.

So if you've helped someone or if someone has helped you, share your experiences here so we can pass the warm fuzzies around!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I offered to lend one of my iPads to a colleague with an elderly mother who's in a nursing home, so he could see whether she'd take to it. She has vision and hearing problems, and hasn't seen some family members in years, so I think it'd be great if she could handle it, to read books and news, and use video Skype. He said she's stubborn and anti-tech, so we'll see if she's willing.

OP
china_cat84

china_cat84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I offered to lend one of my iPads to a colleague with an elderly mother who's in a nursing home, so he could see whether she'd take to it. She has vision and hearing problems, and hasn't seen some family members in years, so I think it'd be great if she could handle it, to read books and news, and use video Skype. He said she's stubborn and anti-tech, so we'll see if she's willing.

That's actually a really good idea. I considered buying a used iPad1 for my daughter to Skype our family members that live in California and Arizona...but then I noticed how she treats her other things and changed my mind!

You never know with older generations...my grandma is 72 and she has a smart phone and texts people all the time.

Good for you! Any other good deeds out there?

Dee Ashley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.houseofwags.com
One of my friends is disabled, visually and in a motorized scooter. She recently bought an ipad2 64G wifi after seeing me with mine (16G wifi). I have spent about 5 hours updating her computer, teaching her itunes, setting up her email, and teaching her safari, the app store, everything Ipad. I love watching her play with the Ipad especially when she keeps telling me how she isn't computer savvy. They are going away on a trip and she is excited about only taking the Ipad to stay connected.

Most reactions