1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Pay as you Go for Ipad 2

Discussion in 'iPad Carriers' started by debblaze, Sep 21, 2011.

1. debblaze

debblaze iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can anyone suggest a good pay as you go for my ipad 2. I have wifi at home which is where ill be using the Ipad mostly but would like to take out and about at times, ideally i would just like to buy pay as you go and see how long it lasts to know whether its best to have a monthly or pay as you go for a certain no of month/s for a fixed price or until GB runs out.

Any suggestions please

Debblaze
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    Since you're in the UK, I'd recommend '3'. Their network is all 3G - so no GPRS or EDGE - and they do both PAYG and 'All you can eat' deals. They advertise widely in the UK but check out their website. Their PAYG deal can be topped up online since, even if you run out, data usage to their website doesn't count towards your total.

Tim
  3. petermillard

petermillard iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    I'm on Orange PAYG - here - you pay for what you use by direct debit on a monthly basis, unlike other plans where I think you have to 'top up' in advance. Orange charge 5p/Mb, capped at £40 pcm - yes, that's very expensive, but you can switch to a fixed-price plan at any time, or pay for increased usage ad-hoc on a daily (£2 for 200Mb) or weekly (£7.50 for 1Gb) basis if you think you'll need it e.g. if you're away for the week.

When I first bought my iPad I didn't know how much I'd use 3G, so this was the best solution I found - you can sign up just to try it out (£10 credit when you sign up btw) safe in the knowledge that, because of the £40 cap, you won't accidentally run up a massive bill. Turned out I'm a low user (very light browsing out and about, and syncing of calendars & email) so it worked out well for me just to leave it as PAYG. Well worth a look IMHO.

HTH, Pete.
  4. Harters

Harters iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I'm using T-mobile iPhone 4 micro sim in mine an it's only cost me £10 for a years free Internet (FYP) :-D

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF
  5. Mavlar81

Mavlar81 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I agree with Tim here, I have a 'Three' Mifi device and the coverage and speed is excellent.

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  6. wapanstore

wapanstore iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Here's how it works. You can get the ipad alone. It's yours, do whatever you want, free. Get apps, get online as long as you have a wireless connection, etc.