What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pausing video on Fcetime Call...

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Folks

Does anyone know how you pause the video during a FaceTime call on an iPad? Reason I ask is that my elderly and non-too-dextrous father manages to do this *every* time he answers a call on his iPad Mini, and I've no idea how he does it - and subsequently, how to undo it! It's just the video that pauses, the audio is still connected and works fine.

Not something I've ever managed to replicate, so any pointers would be very helpful, thanks!

Cheers, Peter

JT2002TJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Folks

Does anyone know how you pause the video during a FaceTime call on an iPad? Reason I ask is that my elderly and non-too-dextrous father manages to do this *every* time he answers a call on his iPad Mini, and I've no idea how he does it - and subsequently, how to undo it! It's just the video that pauses, the audio is still connected and works fine.

Not something I've ever managed to replicate, so any pointers would be very helpful, thanks!

Cheers, Peter

He hit the home button. FaceTime will stay on, but the camera goes off and you see paused. Tell him to double tap the home button and touch the FaceTime button, or click the FaceTime app from the home screen.

OP
petermillard

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for this - I'll give this a shot the next time I FT my dad.

Cheers, Pete

Most reactions