What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Patience, where art thou?

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ever since I watched the recent WWDC I have been chomping at the bit for iOS 7. I have always considered both OS X and iOS the most beautiful operating systems to ever grace the planet. The iOS 7 UI is very different from the preceding UI's and I feel Apple did an outstanding job on it. However, I want iOS 7 now! Forgive me, I have no patience. Which reminds me.. can one of you wonderful developers code a 'patience' app and upload it so I can relieve the pain?

Adding insult to injury, I have a feeling that trying to install iOS 7 during the day of its release will be a lesson in futility. Oh how I wish I had never watched the WWDC.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Solitair, a solo card game also sometimes called Patience. There are hundreds of versions in the App Store.

Despite my joke, ironically a few games of Patience might actually help. :D

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good idea Mikel. I play patience a lot. Need to in my stressful school life.

I can't wait for IOS7 either. It certainly looks beautiful. Sigh, does this mean I have to download OSX now that I have an MBA? How much is that going to cost?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ard--have you updated your Tapatalk App? The new update feels like an iOS 7 preview of what things could look like with its simple clean look.

OP
A

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ard--have you updated your Tapatalk App? The new update feels like an iOS 7 preview of what things could look like with its simple clean look.
Yes, I updated the Tapatalk app on my iPhones, and installed the new version on my iPads, and I'm loving the new UI! They did an excellent job with this.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I updated the Tapatalk app on my iPhones, and installed the new version on my iPads, and I'm loving the new UI! They did an excellent job with this.

It takes some getting used to, but I find the update more responsive to load. I have updated my iPads and iPhones now and still practicing on it. I still go back to tue IPF App and the website for most things, but find using tapatalk a better feel.

OP
A

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It takes some getting used to, but I find the update more responsive to load. I have updated my iPads and iPhones now and still practicing on it. I still go back to tue IPF App and the website for most things, but find using tapatalk a better feel.

You're right, it's more responsive than the previous version. I still don't remember whether or not this was a paid app.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're right, it's more responsive than the previous version. I still don't remember whether or not this was a paid app.

It was a paid app, then it became free about 3 months or so ago. I can't remember how much I paid for it when I did buy it.

OP
A

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It was a paid app, then it became free about 3 months or so ago. I can't remember how much I paid for it when I did buy it.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, it was worth the money even if it is now free.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Well, as far as I'm concerned, it was worth the money even if it is now free.

I have 3 versions of the classic patience game on my iPad. They can be addictive! ;)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have 3 versions of the classic patience game on my iPad. They can be addictive! ;)

I only have one, Solitaire City, but it plays a lot of different solitaire games. Mostly I play Free Cell, but I'll occasionally play Spider. I have to admit I dislike the classic Klondike game. There isn't always a way to win.

My other often used time killers are UniSudoku, TanZen, Unblock Me, and Bejeweled Blitz.

To drift slightly back on topic, I enjoy the game LetterPress, which had the new flatter look long before iOS 7 was announced. But since you can't play alone, it is unreliable as a time waster.

Last edited:

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I only have one, Solitaire City, but it plays a lot of different solitaire games. Mostly I play Free Cell, but I'll occasionally play Spider. I have to admit I dislike the classic Klondike game. There isn't always a way to win.

My other often used time killers are UniSudoku, TanZen, Unblock Me, and Bejeweled Blitz.

To drift slightly back on topic, I enjoy the game LetterPress, which had the new flatter look long before iOS 7 was announced. But since you can't play alone, it is unreliable as a time waster.

Free cell and spider are my favourites. In the latter, I'm useless at the 4 suit level!

I sometimes play the CG classic solitaire, or triple peaks variations. :)

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm afraid I must be boring. I just play the normal version. I'm not a big game player and am easily bored. I'm more of a reader and occasional game every month.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good idea Mikel. I play patience a lot. Need to in my stressful school life.

I can't wait for IOS7 either. It certainly looks beautiful. Sigh, does this mean I have to download OSX now that I have an MBA? How much is that going to cost?

OSX is normally pretty cheap (around £20) however, depending on the release date you may be entitled to a free upgrade as they often do this for people who have recently purchased a new Mac.......so check out the news when they release it.

The Archangel

Most reactions