What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PasswordsstoredonIPad

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you mean the auto-fill feature in Safari, you can't retrieve them. It's just a convenient way of logging into sites you visit a lot, not a password storage app. All you can do is clear it.

If you were depending on it to store password information, I'm sorry, but it was never intended for that.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iPad does not automatically store Mail passwords in a retrievable format either. It does keep them, encrypted and obscured, but only so you don't have to re-enter them every time you get mail.

You can re-enter your mail password by going to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, selecting the account, tapping account, then, tapping the password field. Though if it is an iCloud account I recommend making changes under Settings > iCloud instead.

Anyway, there is still no way to retrieve the password.

There are several good to excellent secure password storage apps for the iPad, though none of them can integrate with Mail or Safari.

I like 1Password, not so much because it's better on the iPad than others as the integration and syncing it offers on all my other platforms. But it's not cheap.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yep. But if it wasn't a pain, then passwords wouldn't be worth much, as anyone could break them. Or so the theory goes. ;)

Glad you got it fixed.

Most reactions