1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Passwording

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Gav, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Gav

Gav iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    G'day all, can a password be applied to an app? I mean, can I put a p/w on my photo app instead of locking the whole iPad? Probably a bone query but you never know unless you ask hey?
    Cheers

Gav
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,913 / 1
    Not exactly, but you can restrict what apps can be used and a few other things.

Look under Settings >> General >> Restrictions: Under the Allow Content header you will find Apps. You can disable apps individually here. When you enable restrictions you'll have to enter a 4 digit code. Do not forget it. Or you'll play merry heck turning the restrictions off later.

This is designed as a 'hand it to your kid' type of protection. It is not convenient if you intend the iPad to be passed around randomly between adults and kids. Each adult would have to disable restrictions and then remember to re-enable it later.

But that is as close as you are going to get to what you want, for now at least.

I haven't used this feature myself, so I can't predict exactly how it will work. Experiment, but Do Not Forget the 4 Digit code.
  3. Gav

Gav iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cheers, seems a little too much effort. I'll use the pass code instead I reckon. Thanks for the info as it maybe useful(?) down the track.

Gav