What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passwording

Gav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
G'day all, can a password be applied to an app? I mean, can I put a p/w on my photo app instead of locking the whole iPad? Probably a bone query but you never know unless you ask hey?
Cheers

Gav

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not exactly, but you can restrict what apps can be used and a few other things.

Look under Settings >> General >> Restrictions: Under the Allow Content header you will find Apps. You can disable apps individually here. When you enable restrictions you'll have to enter a 4 digit code. Do not forget it. Or you'll play merry heck turning the restrictions off later.

This is designed as a 'hand it to your kid' type of protection. It is not convenient if you intend the iPad to be passed around randomly between adults and kids. Each adult would have to disable restrictions and then remember to re-enable it later.

But that is as close as you are going to get to what you want, for now at least.

I haven't used this feature myself, so I can't predict exactly how it will work. Experiment, but Do Not Forget the 4 Digit code.

OP
G

Gav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cheers, seems a little too much effort. I'll use the pass code instead I reckon. Thanks for the info as it maybe useful(?) down the track.

Gav

Most reactions

Latest posts