What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Password Stealing App Banned by Apple

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A good example of what may happen when we don't read the ToS? I suppose that the collection of passwords was clearly referred to in the EULA. Further on down/up there may have been wording that any information gathered by the app could be used for whatever purposes deemed fit by the developer. I'm not implying that anyone was trying to do anything wrong; rather, I was somewhat amazed with some of the things that appear to have become possible via EULAs.

http://www.tuaw.com/2011/06/15/passcode-stealing-app-banned-by-apple/

Last edited:

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a little skeezy, for sure. In this case, though, the irony is that the gigantic EULA is AMBIGUOUS when it comes to whether the developer can take your password or not. In a strictest sense, no, your password can't possibly be used to identify you, so they ought to be allowed to take it.

Good on Apple for letting common sense prevail, but it's a little spooky, nevertheless.

OP
info

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
antonio107 said:
It's a little skeezy, for sure. In this case, though, the irony is that the gigantic EULA is AMBIGUOUS when it comes to whether the developer can take your password or not. In a strictest sense, no, your password can't possibly be used to identify you, so they ought to be allowed to take it.

Good on Apple for letting common sense prevail, but it's a little spooky, nevertheless.

Definitely spooky. We are being conditioned into just OKing EULAs because it's just not possible for *anyone* to process the length and the overwhelming number of them that we run into on an almost daily basis.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts