What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Password protect for Notes

Blackhawk6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey! I was wondering if there was any way to password protect entries from the auto-installed Notes app that came with my iPad.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey! I was wondering if there was any way to password protect entries from the auto-installed Notes app that came with my iPad.

I'm afraid not. There are some third party apps that have that have this capability but not the native Notes app.

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One possible workaround that would enable you to use the iPad's native Notes app is to subscribe to Apple's MobileMe service and use their iDisk cloud storage. That is supported by the iPad's native Notes app, but the advantage is that access is password protected. Downside is that you have to pay for use of MobileMe....

Tim

King.Khoja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suggest just having a password for the whole unit. I personnaly think its safer, yea its a pain in the @$$ to enter in everytime but atleast I know when im not around no one can just go into my ipad and go through my files.

IvanLasston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1Password has secure notes - plus it keeps all your passwords. The other nice thing is if you have it on your computer you can sync securly over wifi - so for passwords you can enter it all on the computer, and have it show up on your iOS device.
1Password
It is a bit pricey. I got one password for Mac in a software bundle but after using it I would buy it standalone. I bought the iOS app to complement my computer install.

Last edited:

Most reactions