What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Password problems

Tonyaintxduck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure what's going on, but I tried to download an app just now and as normal it wanted my iTunes password. I typed it in, and I know I typed it in correctly, tapped return and it just took me back to the first page of my home screen. Nothing happened, no download, nothing saying I typed it in wrong, just nothing. I tried it probably 6 more times and nothing happened. Any ideas? I haven't changed my password, and I k ow this particular password really well, so I didn't forget it or mistype it or confuse it.

Any help/fixes appreciated.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Occasionally iTunes requires further I'd from yourself. Goto your iTunes account and verify it again. You might want to change your passwords again too.

This happened to me out of random about 3 weeks ago. No matter how many times i tried my password it was rejected. I had to verify something or other with my account. Changed my password too, which is never a bad idea :)

Paulp1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not you entering a wrong password, cos it's doing the same to me. Correct password, it's accepted and nothing happened. I tried updating an app and buying another app, I entered my password, app centre closed and nothing happened on both occasions.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Seems to be a problem with the app store, as a lot of people are having issues according to google

Pckjr74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having the same issue, can't download anything in the last 10 minutes, but could an hour or two ago without issue. I can't even download any app updates I have.

rsmin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here, can't get apps, nor update apps

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yesterday, I was unable to download several updates due to it dropping me out, but one was several Gb in size. It took hours to download. Very unusual, and I have heard of issues with podcasts being down. The servers may have been under attack, or a malfunction was going on.

Taradk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad not taking iTune password

Not sure what's going on, but I tried to download an app just now and as normal it wanted my iTunes password. I typed it in, and I know I typed it in correctly, tapped return and it just took me back to the first page of my home screen. Nothing happened, no download, nothing saying I typed it in wrong, just nothing. I tried it probably 6 more times and nothing happened. Any ideas? I haven't changed my password, and I k ow this particular password really well, so I didn't forget it or mistype it or confuse it.

Any help/fixes appreciated.

I have the same problem....just last night set up my iPad (first generation). It synched with my iTunes account on my computer fine, allowed me to set up my email account, and shows every app my iPhone has...but when I went to download or update new apps it refuses my password.....I have doublechecked and know it was correct! Is it simply an issue with iTunes sometimes? Seems like from this thread it was...but I haven't tried it today....:)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hard to say, iTunes does occasionally have problems, though it's not that often; at least not in my experience. If it persists let let us know. Or call Apple Support.

Most reactions