What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Password problem

Mikeb41g

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I connected to iTunes today for the first time in awhile.

It updated iTunes and then the iPad.

Apparently the update deletes the password in my wireless connection and I can't find it and can't use wireless. I am sending this using my 3G.

Anybody know how I can find the password or change it.

I really need help and advise.

Mike

extendedforecast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fire up your PC. Get to the Networks settings in the control panel. Go into the properties of your wifi router. There should be a security tab that will show your wireless passwords as dots or asteriks. There should also be a little checkbox underneath that says 'show characters.' This will show you what the network's password is (these are Win 7 instructions. I'm guessing there is something similar on mac but I'm not sure.) You could otherwise delete the whole connection and set it up again with a new password. But it should be there in the control panel of the PC.

Sent from my Android 3.1 Motorola Xoom Tablet!

OP
M

Mikeb41g

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your reply.

I did not have to go through all the steps, as your reply reminded me that
the password is the router password and I had that written down.

Once again proving the value of this great forum!

Thanks again, as I was a bit panicky last night

Mike

extendedforecast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No problem. Glad you got reconnected! You'd be surprised how quickly many mobile services/apps burns through mobile data! :)

Sent from my Android 3.1 Motorola Xoom Tablet!

Most reactions