What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Password problem

leilaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trying to upgrade my software and it is asking for a password. Have tried everything I can think of but nothing working. Is there a way to reset the password because I can't find it.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Trying to upgrade my software and it is asking for a password. Have tried everything I can think of but nothing working. Is there a way to reset the password because I can't find it.
This is called Activation Lock and it means that your update cannot be completed unless you input your Apple ID and password.

Try the password you use for iTunes and app purchases to see if it works.

OP
L

leilaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is called Activation Lock and it means that your update cannot be completed unless you input your Apple ID and password.

Try the password you use for iTunes and app purchases to see if it works.

Unfortunately that's exactly what I was trying and it isn't working. Should they be the same or could they be different? If they are the same I'm not sure what is wrong because that is the password I'm putting in.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have a different iCloud account than your Apple ID, try the password of that account.

Or try the passcode that you have to enter every time the iPad is locked and you want to unlock it.

Last edited:
OP
L

leilaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have a different iCloud account than your Apple ID, try the password of that account.

Or try the passcode that you have to enter every time the iPad is locked and you want to unlock it.

tried that. Didn't work.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If that's not the case, try to disable the passcode lock in Settings - Passcode.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try this : From Settings > iTunes and App Store > Account, sign out of your Apple ID. Then do a restart or hard reset of the iPad, then again log-in from the same place.

Good luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts