What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Password for wi fi

Ms.P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought router for wi fi and trying to do FaceTime with son. It will not allow him to use his I pad on wi fi without my password, I have never put one in. Any ideas? Where it says my name wireless I see icon of a lock and can't remove it.

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go into the router settings and see what the wifi settings are. Most likely there will be some sort of encryption method used to ensure a reasonably secure setting. All you have to do is make sure that you configure the router the way you want then use the same settings on the iPad.

OP
Ms.P

Ms.P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where are the router settings? So far, you are helping me, Thanks.

jeffg4956

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your provider is Uverse, the password is usually on the bottom tag where the serial number is. If you received it from your Internet provider, they should be able to help you. If not, google the Mfg of you wifi and look for the instructions. Usually, you have to connect it directly to a computer with a ethernet cable and use your browser to talk to it. Here is a link to Ask.com that might help - http://compnetworking.about.com/od/wifihomenetworking/ht/access-routers.htm

OP
Ms.P

Ms.P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Went to d link and found it. Thanks for helping.

Most reactions

Latest posts