What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passcode restrictions?

romanolis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying to remove the passcode under settings, but the option is greyed out. I can change the passcode but not remove it...help!!!

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sounds like you have an enterprise configuration in place with a security policy

-t

OP
R

romanolis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thewitt said:
Sounds like you have an enterprise configuration in place with a security policy

-t

How do I disable it?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying to remove the passcode under settings, but the option is greyed out. I can change the passcode but not remove it...help!!!

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

It may be greyed out because you still have some of the restrictions activated - such as not allowing the deletion of apps etc. Turn off all of the restrictions individually then you should be able to remove the need to enter a passcode

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If the iPad is administered by your company, you can not remove this restriction without completely restoring the iPad. At which point it will probably not be able to access the company websites or use any company apps. And you'll probably piss off the IT department.

This is the price of getting a free iPad from you company, or having the privilege of using you own iPad on the company network.

If it's not a company iPad, then follow Tim's advice. The restrictions settings are found under Settings > General > Restrictions. You'll need the four digit code that was used to set restrictions to unset them. Talk to the person who restricted it.

DeniseB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
If the iPad is administered by your company, you can not remove this restriction without completely restoring the iPad. At which point it will probably not be able to access the company websites or use any company apps. And you'll probably piss off the IT department.

This is the price of getting a free iPad from you company, or having the privilege of using you own iPad on the company network.

If it's not a company iPad, then follow Tim's advice. The restrictions settings are found under Settings > General > Restrictions. You'll need the four digit code that was used to set restrictions to unset them. Talk to the person who restricted it.

Ahhh... I think this is what just happened to me. Yesterday I upgraded to the 4.3.4 OS and now, all of a sudden, instead of my simple 4 digit pin, I have to type in a smart passcode. i had trouble with the upgrade and ended up having to reset to factory default and then restore from a backup. When I restored, the Mail app asked me for a passcode, and this was apparently posted to the device as the general passcode. I can no longer revert back to a pin, the remote wipe is enabled, and I think a certain number of failed attempts will cause all my data to be wiped... I knew my company had these restrictons set for Blackberry... They must have just figured out how to do the same for the iPad (which is the only way they felt comfortable allowing certain devices.)

Most reactions

Latest posts