What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passbook????

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't really get Passbook, either. Seems kind of redundant, since you have to still add the individual apps as well. For instance, I have been using the Starbucks apps for a while now. So how does having it in Passbook make it better? Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't really get Passbook, either. Seems kind of redundant, since you have to still add the individual apps as well. For instance, I have been using the Starbucks apps for a while now. So how does having it in Passbook make it better? Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Passbook allows for location awareness and for your passes to show up on the lock screen automatically. If you have ever used an online boarding pass and searched for then had to log into the airline app while boarding you will appreciate having your boarding pass available outside the app automatically when you are at the airport.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I check in online, I just take a screen capture of my boarding pass and they've scanned fine at airports. No need to log on to any app, because the screen caps appear among my photos.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
When I check in online, I just take a screen capture of my boarding pass and they've scanned fine at airports. No need to log on to any app, because the screen caps appear among my photos.

I've done the same thing. The good thing about this method is that you don't need to be online at the time.

Most reactions

Latest posts