What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pass code lock just switched on

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
H guys
Just doing normal every day email and web browsing this morning and all of a suddent the ipad's pass lock popped up and asked me to insert a 4 figure code. Which i did. (I never use the pass lock feature)

So now i got my ipad passlocked, but i dont want it to be, and the switch off option is greyed out. And i dont want to reset the entire system if i can avoid it.

Eh? How do i de-active it?

(Im on ipad 2, latest ios, and this has never happened before)

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
H guys
Just doing normal every day email and web browsing this morning and all of a suddent the ipad's pass lock popped up and asked me to insert a 4 figure code. Which i did. (I never use the pass lock feature)

So now i got my ipad passlocked, but i dont want it to be, and the switch off option is greyed out. And i dont want to reset the entire system if i can avoid it.

Do you have an Exchange account on your iPad? They disable the ability to disable passcode lock. The only option would be to delete the account.

OP
sjleworthy

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
I do, but never been an issue in 2 years. I'll de-activate my emails, reboot and try again. Will report back later.....

(End of the day, a 4 figure passlock is no great shakes)

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
H guys

Try this:
1) Settings>General>Passcode Lock then tap Turn Passcode On
2) Enter that four figure Passcode
3) Tap "Turn Passcode Off.
4) Enter that four figure Passcode again.
You should be able to use your iPad without that dreaded Passcode now;)
Andrew

Last edited:
OP
sjleworthy

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Whatever i do, in whatever combination, the 'switch off' button stays greyed out and not operable.

How do i know which email accounts are Exchange accounts?

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If it's not a Microsoft account, then open an account in your Settings, tap the email address there. If you see something like this, it should be an exchange account:

image-2922913628.jpg

The Description doesn't really have to be Exchange.

If there's a profile installed in Settings - General, it could also help to identify the Exchange account. In this case the profile has to be deleted as well, or else you still won't be able to disable Passcode Lock.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts