What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Partial screenshot. Screengrab a portion of the screen.

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi

Is there any way to grab just a selected portion of the iPad's screen?

I know that Noterize (brilliant app) can do this with the internet (websnaps), but being able to grab just a bit of anything on screen would be extremely useful.

Yes, I know I could take a full screenshot and then crop it in an app like CropSuey, but that's a bit time-consuming.

Cheers

OP
C

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So there's no way to do this?

I would have thought that this was a fairly common thing for people to need.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use screen shots a lot on this forum for instructional purposes and I use the Windows Paint program to crop and resize the screen shots and add circles and arrows (with a paragraph on the back explaining each one). There are also apps where you can manipulate images and post them to places like Photobucket.

OP
C

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Not sure why anyone would need to do something like this.

It's the ability to do this that makes Microsoft's OneNote the immensely powerful and popular program it is.

I use screen shots a lot on this forum for instructional purposes and I use the Windows Paint program to crop and resize the screen shots and add circles and arrows

Ok, but wouldn't it be great to be able to do all that on an iPad?

Like I said, Noterize is almost there, but currently it can only take partial screenshots of the web and doesn't have shapes and arrows etc. Also (I think) it only exports pdfs, not jpgs.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Take the Screenshot as normal, then use Adobe's Photoshop Express on the iPad to crop...

And One Note popular? Of all the major corporations I come into contact with, not one uses it.

OP
C

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Take the Screenshot as normal, then use Adobe's Photoshop Express on the iPad to crop...
That's what I do , except I use the $2.50 app Crop Suey. But when you have to use a lot of these shots, that approach gets tedious very quickly.

And One Note popular? Of all the major corporations I come into contact with, not one uses it.

We move in different circles. :)

OP
C

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Acrobat Pro has a tool called Snapshot. It's very useful. But nothing like that exists on the iPad. Or does it?

muglich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hold your finger down on an area of a web page near where you want to copy. A crop box will open up with a blue button at top and bottom. You can pull one to make the area copied bigger. You'll notice a copy balloon on the top blue button. Click. Go to where you want to paste it. Hold your finger down and a paste balloon will appear.

OP
C

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That sounds like a lot of content creation on the iPad. What the heck are you doing anyway?

Making Mathematics worksheets for high school kids, amongst other things. I spend a lot of time commuting on a train and currently use a netbook for this task. I'm pretty quick at it, but I'd rather do it on an iPad as it's lighter (obviously) and gives me the luxury of writing and drawing on the screen.

Most reactions

Latest posts