What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Partial email messages

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Since getting 8.3 both my iPad air2 and iPhone 6 only get parts on about half my emails with a message at the bottom to click on to get the rest of it. I've seen this in the last under older IOS but only once in a great while. Now it's all the time. Any ideas?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Is your storage getting low on either device? Mail might be conserving space. Are these exceptionally long emails; like three or four screens worth, with lots of images?

That's pure guesswork. It's possible 8.3 is just more conservative with email length limits for initial download.

You might check to see if Load Remote Images is turned on in Settings > Mail, Contacts Calendars; not that I think it should have anything to do with the problem.

OP
D

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is your storage getting low on either device? Mail might be conserving space. Are these exceptionally long emails; like three or four screens worth, with lots of images?

That's pure guesswork. It's possible 8.3 is just more conservative with email length limits for initial download.

You might check to see if Load Remote Images is turned on in Settings > Mail, Contacts Calendars; not that I think it should have anything to do with the problem.
No as I have 120G and 87g free. No long emails. Sometimes even real short ones. But none that I can figure out.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I think they offer an IMAP server as well as POP3. How is your's set up?

Again, I don't see why it would make a difference.

You can try deleting and re-adding the account to see if that helps. Be sure you know the setup before you do so. And, if it is POP3, be aware that you might get a bunch of old emails showing as new.

Most reactions

Latest posts