What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parents' Brand-New iPad won't work

goldenhoops

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just bought my folks a 32 GB WiFi only iPad for their 40th Anniversary. It was brand-new, still in the box with the shrink-wrap still on. It will not boot up past the white apple logo. I've tried charging it for 1+ hour, hard resets (sleep and home key for 60 seconds). It is not recognized by iTunes or any laptops. I tried two different cables even. Both laptops are MacBook Pros, one running 10.6.7 with iTunes 10.2.1 and the other with 10.6.6 and iTunes 10.2.

Our family has been using Apple products since 1986, and this is the FIRST time we've ever had an Apple product not work out of the box. I feel like I've tried everything I know....

Any suggestions??

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting. Sorry this is happening! Might be a hardware problem. You can return it or at least talk to Apple.

Let's see what others say!

OP
G

goldenhoops

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ooh, I forgot to mention that I purchased this from Verizon Wireless (took advantage of the 1st Gen iPad closeout prices). We don't live within at least 3-6 hours of an Apple store. Try being a Macaholic in this location!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Reaction score
Ooh, I forgot to mention that I purchased this from Verizon Wireless (took advantage of the 1st Gen iPad closeout prices). We don't live within at least 3-6 hours of an Apple store. Try being a Macaholic in this location!

Call Apple? When my wife's account locked up they handled it over the phone
Your iPad should have had well over 50% battery out of the box

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

OP
G

goldenhoops

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good news. My Dad was able to exchange his iPad this morning for the LAST 32 GB they had in stock in all of VT & NH!! He's all set now, and I've loaded it with quite a few apps to get him started. Thanks so much for the replies and suggestions.

Most reactions

Latest posts