What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pandora

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I know this was answered a couple yrs ago but I can't find it. My question:How to turn off Pandora and Music. There is no off button.help.
Doris

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by 'turn off". Do you mean stop the music from playing, or removing the apps?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can always swipe up from the bottom of the screen to get the Control Panel. You can stop/start the current audio app from there. When I say bottom edge, I mean starting at the bezle (non-screen) and swiping up.

My screenshot is from an iPad Pro, so your control center will look a bit different, but the play controls will be there.

The other option is to open the app again, and stop it there.

If the iPad is on the lock screen and music is playing, you should see play controls there.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    381.3 KB · Views: 251
OP
doris ganton

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can always swipe up from the bottom of the screen to get the Control Panel. You can stop/start the current audio app from there. When I say bottom edge, I mean starting at the bezle (non-screen) and swiping up.

My screenshot is from an iPad Pro, so your control center will look a bit different, but the play controls will be there.

The other option is to open the app again, and stop it there.

If the iPad is on the lock screen and music is playing, you should see play controls there.

Yes, thanks, that stops/starts it again BUT it doesn't go 'off' .it is still there and on and using battery even when I turn the iPad off for the night. Speaking of which, this is a brand new Mini 2 , specs say it will run for 10 hours -- well it doesn't run for more than half that. ........ Anyways,I do thank you twerppoet. Doris

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh, and it off for your Pandora app. Or you can turn off Background App Refresh off for everything at the top.

You can also pull up the App Switching view by double pressing he Home Button, then swipe up on the apps you want to force close.

That said, neither Music nor Pandora should keep pulling data (or using battery) when they are not in use, and unless an app is playing music in the background (doing one of a few other permitted background tasks) it is only supposed to be using resources when it's active on the screen.

You can keep an eye on what apps are actually using your battery by going to Settings > Battery. Tapping the clock icon at the top of the app list will show you more detials, like how much of the time is background (that would include playing music when the app is not on the screen).

If you don't see the app list you may need to use the iPad for a while. The apps don't show up right after a full charge.

OP
doris ganton

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh, and it off for your Pandora app. Or you can turn off Background App Refresh off for everything at the top.

You can also pull up the App Switching view by double pressing he Home Button, then swipe up on the apps you want to force close.

That said, neither Music nor Pandora should keep pulling data (or using battery) when they are not in use, and unless an app is playing music in the background (doing one of a few other permitted background tasks) it is only supposed to be using resources when it's active on the screen.

You can keep an eye on what apps are actually using your battery by going to Settings > Battery. Tapping the clock icon at the top of the app list will show you more detials, like how much of the time is background (that would include playing music when the app is not on the screen).

If you don't see the app list you may need to use the iPad for a while. The apps don't show up right after a full charge.

Gosh,what a lot of great information.. Will try to do it.
Again, many thanks . I admire your patience to put up with non technical people like me --over and over again.certainly eats into your time..Hope I don't have to bother you again for awhile.
Merry Christmas. Doris

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. Glad to help.

I'm either retired, or unemployed (depeinding on how I'm feeling on a particular day), so I have an abundance of time. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts