What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Palettes from Photographs App - Where Art Thou?

Sketchie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a graphic designer by nature, and I'd like to have an app that can take photographs and analyzes them to give you a palette you can export into Adobe Photoshop, or at least give you the hex code and HSV numbers that you can export to e-mail or DropBox.

I have checked several apps but they either does not have that feature or only allows you to create your own palettes. I have checked Palettes but even the paid version only gives you 25 colors from a photograph which is just absurd. For example, I had Palettes analyze a stack of rainbow pancakes (red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple) but it only gave me red, orange, green and purple - no blue or yellow. See the problem here?

I must be missing something. Does anyone know of any good app or am I stuck with Palettes, or is there just not ANY good app out there at all?

Thanks!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Probably not big help, but I had an idea you might find worth exploring.

Use one of the photo apps with a posterize filter, save the photo, and then run your Palettes app. Perhaps the fewer number of colors in the picture will help.

Sorry, but I don't know what the best posterize filter/apps are. I know they exist, but the only app I have that has a posterize filter is iPhoto, and it is not adjustable.

Most reactions