What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pairing Record

Lyngarth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry if this has been covered on here before, have looked but couldn't find anything.

I have just downloaded Itunes 10.5 and tired to update my Ipad 2 to os 5 but now every time I connect my Ipad I get an error message say, Pairing Record is missing.

I'm at a loss of what to do now, so can anyone please help me out ??

Many thanks

Lyngarth

OP
L

Lyngarth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I re-installed itunes and used another usb port on the computer, and that did the trick, not sure if it was the re-install or usb, but to save time I would say try another usb port first, if no luck try to download and install itunes again.

Dans60112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Lyngarth! When I received this error message this morning, I thought I was going to spend hours trying to figure it out. Instead I took your advice, tried another USB port and everthing is working fine now. Thanks so much for your expertise! ~ Dan

kelliann

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It did not want to be plugged into a USB hub. I plugged it into a USB 3.0 port and the iPad connected. I am using an HP Windows 7 PC. Thank you to the people who brought this up and answered the question. Saved me a bunch of time and aggravation. Our desktop Mac has the same issue with certain devices - will not let us plug into a hub and sometimes not even into the keyboard USB port, will only accept connections at the back of the Mac. Not sure about the new MacBook Air - the kid took it to college <g>.

Last edited:

Most reactions