What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pairing ipad3 sith imac

sunny day

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just discovered I could pair my iPad with my iMac. Just for the heck of it I did. Now what? Lol. Is there anyway to share between the 2 or is this pairing just a Bluetooth thing?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just discovered I could pair my iPad with my iMac. Just for the heck of it I did. Now what? Lol. Is there anyway to share between the 2 or is this pairing just a Bluetooth thing?

If it's an iPad with Cellular Data connection, you could use it as personal hotspot for tethering.

OP
S

sunny day

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it's an iPad with Cellular Data connection, you could use it as personal hotspot for tethering.

No. Just wifi. Oh we'll, it was something new to learn anyway.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Yes J.A. Is right in suggesting that's about all else you could do, if you had cell connection, besides using bluetooth to pair your iPad with a wireless keyboard or headphones, or using the USB cable to sync your iPad and Mac.
But it may be worth your while searching out any apps that may add to these.
Rowmote Pro may be something you could look at: http://regularrateandrhythm.com/apps/rowmote-pro/.
There may be others worth searching for.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions