What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pairing ipad with treo pro phone

smartchick664

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been trying to use my treo pro phone as a hotspot, but when I pair them via the Bluetooth pan I'm successful until I try to use the link to go to a safari website. Is this just not possible?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the search box (in the toolbar at the top right-hand side of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information linked below my signature to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum

Regarding your question, not sure who your cellular provider is, but did you buy/add/setup a "hotspot" account? Carriers charge for tethering. You probably have, but just checking. Can you use other broadband apps on your iPad? When you say "use the link", do you mean tapping on the iPad's Safari icon or do you mean you're trying to use a link from somewhere else, such as inside an email? Post a few more details and I'm sure you'll get some responses and get it sorted out.

Welcome again and enjoy!

OP
S

smartchick664

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My provider is tmobile and I don't have a hotspot, but I was wanting to use my 3G on my phone as a hot spot. Then, I saw that one can use Bluetooth to access the Internet, so I paired my iPad with my phone. However, as soon as I tapped the safari icon to go online, the Bluetooth connection failed. I'm due for a new phone, so maybe a new iPhone 4 is the answer.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My provider is tmobile and I don't have a hotspot, but I was wanting to use my 3G on my phone as a hot spot. Then, I saw that one can use Bluetooth to access the Internet, so I paired my iPad with my phone. However, as soon as I tapped the safari icon to go online, the Bluetooth connection failed. I'm due for a new phone, so maybe a new iPhone 4 is the answer.
Ah, got it. The iPad will recognize bluetooth devices but only certain ones will work like a keyboard, etc. You would indeed need your phone to be a WiFi hotspot to use it to connect your iPad to the Internet (nothing to do with bluetooth).

FWIW I've had a number of smart phones including a couple of Windows phones (positively the worst experience ever) as well as Android and the iPhone 4 that I have now puts them all to shame IMHO. If you have the chance to switch though, you might wait to see what Apple is about to announce in the way of an iPhone 4S and/or iPhone 5. Unfortunately it doesn't look like T-Mobile will get the iPhone this year. That doesn't mean they won't have it come early next year though.

Most reactions

Latest posts