What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pages

perryc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

If I purchase pages from the app store on my iPad or iPhone will it be installed on all my devices including my mac book pro all using ths same apple ID?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, and it can be set up so that documents sync automatically between all devices on the same AppleID.

EDIT: Not on the MBP. The app version is for iDevices. The MBP will need its own version. I don't know whether syncing will work in this case.

OP
P

perryc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does this mean I have to pay twice ? £6.99 for use on my iPad and iPhone and a further £6.99 to download pages to my MBP?

Surely you don't have to pay twice?

Will it sync between all devices eg start document on MBP finish on iPad/IPhone and vice versa?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm assuming that the MBP uses programs in a similar way to other computers and that iPad apps don't work on it.

I'm still stuck in the dark ages of Windows, so I don't know. Maybe an MBP user could step in here?

It is. certainly true that all iDevices will get a copy of Pages by buying it once. My son has it on his iPod touch, but I've turned off syncing so he doesn't get all my ramblings on there. My iPhone and iPad sync documents flawlessly.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification, Gabe. One of these days, I'll get an MBP, if my wife stops spending money faster than I can earn it. (I didn't really say that.)

OP
P

perryc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you both for your help seems unfair really especially as the MBP version is £13.99.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
perryc said:
Thank you both for your help seems unfair really especially as the MBP version is £13.99.

I have both and it seems quite a good deal for around £20 all in, remember that these are designed for different OS's as well as the fact the the OSX version is much more powerful.

The Archangel

OP
P

perryc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry if I buy the MBP version and iPad version will everything sync automatically with each other so I can update documents on the move?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I love Pages on my iPad and can only imagine how great it will be on my future MBA! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts