What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pages

davegoh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hv Pages on my ipad n iPhone but not Mac. I hv also move to iCloud. I just cannot get my Pages doc created from my iPad to sync with the iPhone. Did I missed something?

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to ipf,

Have you switched it on under settings?

I hope you find this forum as informative and addictive as I do!
You will find that there are many members with a great knowledge base, waiting to help you with any issue you might have.

# Don't forget to use the search function, as there is a lot of issues already resolved here.
# If you haven't already, download the user manual for free at: http://support.apple.com/manuals/#ipad
# Also, feel free to have a look at this thread, it gives great tips and tricks for new users: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
# Ensure you take time to familiarize yourself with the forum rules at: http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Now that you are here you will never want to leave, so have the time of your life. :)

Regards,
~Chays~

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You have an iCloud account; User ID and password?

In Settings > iCloud; you've signed into your account and have Documents and Data turned on?

You've updated the Pages app on both devices to the most recent version? The first time you open the app after this update it should ask you if you want to use iCloud.

If not, then have you've gone into Settings > Pages on both devices and turned on Use iCloud.

Note that it can take a while to sync to iCloud the first time, and I've noticed pauses when opening the apps latter that seem to be related to looking for iCloud.

Also, turn on iCloud for the device that has the most or all your documents first. It probably won't make a difference, but it might. You may end up with duplicates when you sync two devices for the first time with the same documents. No biggy, you can delete the duplicates later.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
D

davegoh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
You have an iCloud account; User ID and password?

In Settings > iCloud; you've signed into your account and have Documents and Data turned on?

You've updated the Pages app on both devices to the most recent version? The first time you open the app after this update it should ask you if you want to use iCloud.

If not, then have you've gone into Settings > Pages on both devices and turned on Use iCloud.

Note that it can take a while to sync to iCloud the first time, and I've noticed pauses when opening the apps latter that seem to be related to looking for iCloud.

Also, turn on iCloud for the device that has the most or all your documents first. It probably won't make a difference, but it might. You may end up with duplicates when you sync two devices for the first time with the same documents. No biggy, you can delete the duplicates later.

Yes Ido have iCloud ID N PASSWORD which was different from my MobileMe ID.

Sign in using apple ID and Document and Data turned on. Then open Pages apps to check if it sync. Unfortunately nothing happened. Then went back to Setting and discover iCloud and Document n Data turn off again by itself . I could not save or lock the Setting.

Results : still not working

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
davegoh said:
Yes Ido have iCloud ID N PASSWORD which was different from my MobileMe ID.

Sign in using apple ID and Document and Data turned on. Then open Pages apps to check if it sync. Unfortunately nothing happened. Then went back to Setting and discover iCloud and Document n Data turn off again by itself . I could not save or lock the Setting.

Results : still not working

Just to make sure I understand, you used the iCloud ID to sign in, right?

I'm not sure what else to try. If you have not done so try a restart and/ or reset.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
D

davegoh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Just to make sure I understand, you used the iCloud ID to sign in, right?

I'm not sure what else to try. If you have not done so try a restart and/ or reset.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

Thanks for your help. Will see if it work by rebooting it.

OP
D

davegoh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Good luck. Let us know what happens, please.

No improvement at all. Wonder if it is because I do not purchase the iWork for my Mac .

joncroft

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have pages installed ipad2. Downloaded word docs via Dropbox into pages but when I go into edit a document it freezes. The only way I can then come out is to press menu button. Need to be able to edit and understood pages could do this with existing doc files. New user to ipad. Any suggestions?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No improvement at all. Wonder if it is because I do not purchase the iWork for my Mac .

Pages on the iMac doesn't iCloud anyway, at least not yet. It should make no difference in your ability to sync between devices.

The only other thing I can suggest is to delete the Pages app from each device and download it again. Make sure you save all your documents first. Email them to yourself if you've got no other method.

OP
D

davegoh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Pages on the iMac doesn't iCloud anyway, at least not yet. It should make no difference in your ability to sync between devices.

The only other thing I can suggest is to delete the Pages app from each device and download it again. Make sure you save all your documents first. Email them to yourself if you've got no other method.

I have tried that before posting for help. I am totally lost and even thinking if looking for a cloud storage apps that could function just like iDisk in MobileMe.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Box.net has WebDAV access. You can use it directly from the iWorks apps to upload/download documents. It won't sync to the devices, but you can get to the documents; as long as you have internet access.

Unlike DropBox, Box.net does not have a free utility to sync directly to the computer. Unlike Box.net, DropDAV does not have free support for WebDAV.

I have been using iSMEStorage to consolidate both accounts. With it I can get WebDAV access to both Box.net and DropBox with just one address. You can get this cloud account for free, or pay $4.99 for the app and the account comes with it. I recommend buying the app, because there are some sync/update issues between the iSMEStorage and the other two accounts. Files and folders added directly to the original accounts do not always show up on the SMEStorage site; but this can be fixed by opening the iSMEStorage app and forcing a refresh.

The free SMEStorage account will only allow you to sync with two cloud services, but that's all I have.

OP
D

davegoh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Box.net has WebDAV access. You can use it directly from the iWorks apps to upload/download documents. It won't sync to the devices, but you can get to the documents; as long as you have internet access.

Unlike DropBox, Box.net does not have a free utility to sync directly to the computer. Unlike Box.net, DropDAV does not have free support for WebDAV.

I have been using iSMEStorage to consolidate both accounts. With it I can get WebDAV access to both Box.net and DropBox with just one address. You can get this cloud account for free, or pay $4.99 for the app and the account comes with it. I recommend buying the app, because there are some sync/update issues between the iSMEStorage and the other two accounts. Files and folders added directly to the original accounts do not always show up on the SMEStorage site; but this can be fixed by opening the iSMEStorage app and forcing a refresh.

The free SMEStorage account will only allow you to sync with two cloud services, but that's all I have.

Thank you for all the help and tips. It has been a pleasure trying to solve the issue together despite it still unresolved .

motabag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Micro Soft Works word processor; on the initial page set up I have no idea how many pages this would translate into.

Most reactions

Latest posts