What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pages

dominiquedupre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried to purchase pages for my iPad 2 but it tells me it is not compatible with my device. Help please!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The current version of the iWork apps are designed to run on iOS 5, so you need to be running that if you want to download them.

OP
D

dominiquedupre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That might be the issue but I am technologically challenged and don't know what I currently have or what to download to update it. Sorry but more info please if you can bear it!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, unless you've upgraded your iPad in the last 48 hours then you don't have iOS5; it was only released a day ago. You'll need to hook your iPad up to your PC/Mac with the latest version of the iTunes software on there first of all (version 10.5). Then you'll be able to download and install iOS5 - it's free.

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some apps will only run with iOS5 - such as the upgrades to Pages, Keynote and Numbers.

Over time more and more apps will require iOS5.

You can see in the App Store which versions of iOS an app is compatible with.

It will depend whether an app decides to take advantage of new iOS5 features...

Tim

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The issue with iWorks apps appears to be that iOS 5 plugs about 100 security "vulnerabilities" that Apple identified. Many apparently were related to Pages, Numbers, and Keynote working with "foreign" documents, i.e. documents created by Microsoft Office applications that iWork apps are supposed to be able to edit. When the holes were "plugged," changes were required in the Apple apps to operate appropriately. Whether the "vulnerabilities" were actually security problems or potential holes for jailbreaking is known only to folks at Apple.

Most reactions