What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pages

morgan2013

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello
I hope I am in right place,,, How do I delete extra pages from a document in Pages app.? This document has header/footer.

Thanks for any help.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
New pages are started in one of three way.

1) You enter stuff until the current page is full, and a new one starts.
2) You use a Page Break
3) You use a Colum Break, and the next column is will be on the next page.

The easiest way to delete unwanted blank pages:

1) If the blank pages are at the end, then move the cursor to the very end of the document and delete untill all the unwanted pages are gone.

2) If the blank pages are in the middle, move the cursor to the text after the blank page(s), then enter delete untill the blank pages are gone.

Headers and footers are automatic. When the body of the page has nothing in it, the page will be deleted. Hold in mind that invisibles count, and will create a page whether there is any visible text or not.

If you can't figure out what is going on, you can select the text and/or apparrent empty space to see all the new paragraph, column break, and page breaks, as well as other invisible characters.

image.jpeg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If the pages won't go away, that means there is still at least one hidden character on that page (or previous page). It could be nothing more than a single 'new paragraph' at the top of the blank page, or a 'page break' at the bottom of the previous page. That's why I suggest you select the text (or lack of it) to see what's going on.

Hold in mind this is only my best guess. Without havng the document in front of me I can't be certain that's what is going on.

Most reactions

Latest posts