What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pages page-break

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Place your cursor at the beginning of the first paragraph after the page break (you may even need to sacrifice the first letter or word). Then hit the back/delete key until the paragraph runs into the one before it. Hit Return a couple of times to get your paragraph back.

If there is a neater way, but I haven't found it yet.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Place your cursor at the beginning of the first paragraph after the page break (you may even need to sacrifice the first letter or word). Then hit the back/delete key until the paragraph runs into the one before it. Hit Return a couple of times to get your paragraph back.

If there is a neater way, but I haven't found it yet.

I've been wracking my brains over this and of course it's the obvious one, twerpPoet to the rescue again.

OP take notes from him, I've built up quite a few!

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
barryevans said:
nope, doesn't work on ipad2 + pages, page break still there!

This was exactly how I remove page breaks in Pages on my iPad 2. I even inserted and removed one before I posted, just to be certain. That said, I have no idea what is happening in your document. It could be a glitch, or something else entirely.

If the document is not private I'd be willing to try and figure it out. You could send the link here, or in a private message.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
One thing does occure to me, unlikely as it is. If you are having trouble getting the document to go to the bottom of the page, tap on the wrench icon and choose Document Settup. You can change the boarders there.

OP
barryevans

barryevans

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
This was exactly how I remove page breaks in Pages on my iPad 2. I even inserted and removed one before I posted, just to be certain. That said, I have no idea what is happening in your document. It could be a glitch, or something else entirely.

If the document is not private I'd be willing to try and figure it out. You could send the link here, or in a private message.

Well that's weird, I do what you say, cursor within first word of next para, delete so it goes back to previous para/page, but the line and huge white space is still there. (Page setup doesn't give any options--set at minimum header and footers). happy to send you one of my docs--let's see, how do i do that?
barry

OP
barryevans

barryevans

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BTW, these are user-inserted page breaks, i'm talking about "mandated" page breaks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
barryevans said:
BTW, these are user-inserted page breaks, i'm talking about "mandated" page breaks.

Ok, now I get it. You aren't talking about a page break, your talking about the page dimentions. You only get two choices, Letter and A4. It would be nice if they offered a few more. You can chose between them by selecting Document Settup from the wrench menu, and taping in the lower right corner of the setup page. There is no way of creating a continious sheet, or removing the boarder elements, though you can minimize them and move them around.

There will always be some white space and a line. Because Pages is a page layout program as much it is a word processor, everything will always be constrained by what can be placed on a physical piece of paper.

Most reactions

Latest posts