What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pages, Numbers, & Keynote...I dont have them.

Hivoltage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The apple site says they are free on the Air...how do I get them.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Hi HV - just upgraded my iMac & MBPro to Mavericks which included 'free' iWork Suite updates - this is indeed free for those upgrading or purchasing Apple computers using the newest OS X (info HERE) - NOW, I also have paid previously for iWorks on iOS for my iPad and updated the 3 apps of that suite when I went to iOS 7 (for free as a previous owner) - NOW your question is whether iWorks is available for FREE on iOS 7 - not sure? Probably not but will be happy to be corrected - Dave :)

laserguy007

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Open App Store app, top of the screen scroll through till you find iWork click on it and download away. Also works for iMovie and GarageBand, iPhoto.

iPad Air 16GB AT&T LTE

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I noticed this today also. When you setup the new iPad via backup from the cloud, it does NOT put these apps on the ipad! Since the apple site says they are free, I called Apple today. I spent over 30 minutes with the tech until finally he found the solution. I had to go to the App Store, scroll to the bottom of the featured screen, then delete my user name. Next, I signed back into the App Store with my regular ID. Now, all 6 of the productivity apps showed up as "free" when I searched for them. Downloaded and installed! The tech admitted it was an issue with the cloud backup restore when upgrading from an older Ipad. Imagine how many upgraders are missing out on these free apps! (pages, numbers, garage band, iMovie, iPhoto, Keynote) Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Last edited:

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Re-logging in does the work, as said in the last post. FYI, all these apps are free, not only on the iPad Air, but also on iPhone 5s, 5c, and any other Apple device originally with iOS 7, bought after 1st September. In a brief sentence, the Apple website said, "These utility apps from Apple are free to any iOS 7 devices set up after 1st September. :) Have fun!

Most reactions