What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pages not loading for my Apple I Pad II?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
At first I thought it was working, but then realized I'd mistyped the URL and was getting one of those fancy search pages that pop up when you enter non-existing URLs. "Deity" is one of those pesky i before e exceptions. ;)

All I get in Safari is a black screen.

It does work in Puffin, one of the better Flash enabled browser. That means it is either Flash based, or possibly Java based. Either way, Puffin or another Flash enabled browser should do the job.

Hold in mind that Flash enabled browsers work by visiting the website via a remote server and reformatting the content for your iPad. This adds extra delays which, along with server load, can affect how well the browser performs, especially on videos. Puffin's delay is usually tolerable, if not perfect.

There are other Flash enabled browsers, some cheaper, some more expensive. I don't keep track of which one is currently the best, so you might want to do a bit of your own research.

These second hand Flash browsers are the only way to view Flash content directly on the iPad. You can not download Flash are any other Flash enabling plug-ins on the iPad.

The only other method is to run your own remote session on your own computer via a remote desktop app like SplashTop. This can do anything your computer can do, with the downside of needing the computer, needing the computer to be on, and trying to control a desktop UI with makeshift touch controls.

Edit:

I take it back. The site works, after a fashion, but videos still do not play. Apparently there is some other plug-in required beyond just having Flash.

Edit Again:

The shows hosted on YouTube work. The ones hosted on Crackle do not, so it's Crackle (Season One and Two) that needs the mystery plug-in. Season Three works.

I see that all the shows are supposed to be in iTunes as podcasts as well. For earlier episodes you can get Apple's free Podcast app (or some other third party app) and subscribe. Podcasts on iTunes (and most other places) are always free.

If you get serious about podcasts, there are third party apps that many consider much better than Podcast. I'm not serious enough to have tried any of them.

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I remember that one of the browers I tried on Android forced me to click to install a plugin.

marieb18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had this issue alot lately...not just one site ...I go to settings,safari and rechoose google and it works, I think that's a dumb thing to have to do but it's the only way until enough of us complain.

OP
E

ecruRabbit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just wanted to thank everyone again for your time and response to my issue. I know everyone is busy so it means a lot that you took time out to help.
. By the way, I did find 2 apps, iswifter and photon, that are Flash alternatives and allow some flash based content to work with the ipad tablet. Thanks again!

Most reactions

Latest posts