What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pages-Just want to check it's worth it.

BillHicks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm a fairly new ipad user and have just found out about pages.

Occasionally I have to write assessments for work which I create in Word on my PC, as I understand it if one of these documents needed updating it would be possible for someone to email it to me as the word document, I could then open it in pages, modify it, convert back to word and then email it accross to them?

If this is correct I was also presuming that this would be the way for me to print from my ipad as I do not have an airprint compatible printer but I have just read in another thread about an app called Printer pro which sounds like it would solve this problem.

I'm pretty sure this is possible reading the description of pages on the app store but wanted to get confirmation from someone on here before I part with my £9.99

TIA

James

kc7vlu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love using Pages and yes you can open documents that are created in word. Be aware at least for me that printer pro didn't work with my printer. So you might want to check that.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi James - welcome to the forum! :)

Pages on the iPad works well - you can certainly import Word docs (and export them in that format) - please note that all of the features (e.g. font choices) of Word will not be available w/i Pages - probably not a great issue for most applications; SO, at $10 the investment is fairly inexpensive, especially if this app is important to your needs.

Concerning 'printing', if you do not own an AirPrint printer and want to print via a Wi-Fi network, then other options exist. For myself, I use a program on my DT computer (which is connected to my Canon Pixma inkjet & my Brother laser, both w/o AirPrint) called FingerPrint, which works fine w/ Pages - other choices likely exist. Good luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts